This was a fun post. We had a blast recreating this experiment. If you are interested in performing your own experience, copy the questions and rock the f**k out!
a question and answer game
to create closeness or intimacy in a short period of time
self disclosure from the series of questions asked
areas of disclosure:
rules of the CGS (closeness generating system):
- each person gets a set of questions
- each person reads the questions to the other
- each person answers the question
- 15 min time frame for each set of questions
- 3 sets for total time of 45 minutes
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
- What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
- When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
- If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
- Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
- Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
- If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
- Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
- What do you value most in a friendship?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- What is your most terrible memory?
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
- What does friendship mean to you?
- What roles do love and affection play in your life?
- Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
- How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
- How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
- Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling …”
- Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share … “
- If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
- Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
- Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
- When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
- Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
- What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
- If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
- Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
- Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
- Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how he or she might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.
Links to the study/full questions:
During this fun filled episode Taima and Alec discuss “how to build a hexayurt shelter.”
Follow the links below if you are curious and what to build your own hexayurt experience.
Links to Awesomeness:
It Was A Dirty Day
Welcome fellow mind sluts! Don’t let the words throw you off. We use slut in a way to express something wonderful. I know your wondering “how” but with time and as you become familiar with the evolution of this creative platform, you will be fine using these two terms.
This is the first episode for the Mind Slut project. We hope you enjoy the medium we’ve chosen to share thoughts and ideas of how to make life better. That’s a pretty big deal if you ask me.
What we want to share is how the individual can make an impact. It’s a fricken public “Think Tank” people:) haha.
During this episode:
- Origins of Mind Slut.
- What is Mind Slut.
- Why we wanted to create a podcast.
- How the podcast will be produced.
- The basic rules of conduct for the podcast.
a media platform to expand minds…